How to use this website
This section gives help and advice for how to make best use of this website.
If you are having trouble viewing up-to-date versions of some of the pages, try using a "hard refresh" (CTRL + F5) - this should clear out your cache and make sure the latest version of the page is displayed.
- Contact Us
- Who to contact about the website
- How to find documents and information on the NASW IL website
- Tips for making the most of PDFs
404 S. Wells, 4th Floor
Chicago, IL 60607
The Webmaster can help when you encounter a fault on the website. For all other issues, we strongly advise you to contact the relevant person or team at NASW IL. The following are the best ways to contact NASW IL.
Reporting technical errors
Contact the Webmaster if you encounter any technical issue that has prevented you from viewing a page or document, including any of the following:
- links that you have followed but lead to a ‘Page not Found’ error;
- documents you have downloaded but appear corrupt;
- documents or web pages that your browsing software cannot access;
- web pages which appear full of error messages;
- anything other technical issue;
Reporting factual or editorial errors
Sending us general feedback
We actively welcome your comments and feedback. Send your comments or feedback to the Webmaster.
Requesting help other than website help
Please contact the relevant staff member in the Staff Directory.
Navigate the site by top navigation
Every page on our site has links to the main navigation bar and is grouped together based on relevancy. The current top level tabs are:
- NASW IL
- SOCIAL WORK PRACTICE
- EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT
By clicking any of those tabs you will get a list of relevant subpages for you to click.
Using the search bar
Use the search box at the top right of the NASW IL website to perform a keyword search that will find matching pages and documents.
Initially this will return all possible matches from across the main NASW IL website, sorted in date order with most recent publications at the top of the list.
Use Quick Links
In the right hand side of the webpage you will locate a Quick Links list of links. This list was designed to quickly move you around the site using the most commonly requested pages.
If you are familiar with RSS, you will find we have four RSS feeds you can subscribe to.
- Chapter Updates
- Social Work News
- Calendar of Events
Click the sitemap page for a complete list of navigation pages in an easy to use layout.
any documents on this website are available in Adobe’s Portable Document Format (PDF). We make every effort to ensure our documents fully accessible. The following may help you to get the most out of PDFs.
Upgrade to the latest free reader
Convert a PDF document to a web page
Adobe offer a PDF to web page conversion service on their website. This may help if your assistive technology cannot access a PDF. Visit Adobe’s website for more information.
Save a PDF before opening it
It may be more convenient to save the PDF file to your computer and then open it in the PDF viewer of your choice.
- If you use Internet Explorer on Windows, right-click over the link to the PDF and select Save Target As.
- If you use Firefox on Windows, right-click over the link to the PDF and select Save Link As.
- If you use Firefox on Mac OS X, right-click over the link to the PDF and select Save Link As.
While the chapter website used many practices recommended for accessibility in the re-design we are aware the font color may be too light for some viewers, we are working with our designer to address this issue. In the mean time, we recommend you consider changing your browser settings to allow you a better viewing experience.
- Click tools
- Click Internet Options
- Click Accesibility Button (lower right corner)
- Click ignore colors specified on webpages
- Click Ok (twice)
- Click Tools
- Click Options
- Click Colors
- Unclick the check box: Allow pages to choose thier own colors, instead of my selctions above.