December 2020 - Calumet District Update
Latesha Newson, LCSW, Northeastern District Chair
Greetings Calumet District,
I hope that this update finds you healthy and well. This holiday season is vastly different from any year we have ever experienced, but I am hopeful. I am hopeful that with this new administration and with the help of science, we will overcome COVID-19. NASW-IL is committed to supporting our social workers as we all continue to navigate these great changes in our practice. For the past few months, I have had the honor in serving as co-chair of the NASW-Illinois Chapter Task Force on Racial Justice. Our final recommendations were reviewed by our chapter board and approved. You can review the recommendations as well as other chapter news below. And as we embark on the end of this trying year, may your hope be restored and we as social workers continue to lend ourselves to advocacy and change in every sphere of our influence. Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!
NASW-IL Task Force on Racial Justice Final Recommendations
Earlier this month we posted the final recommendations from the NASW-Illinois Chapter Task Force on Racial Justice. In case you missed it, you can read their full recommendations here: https://www.naswil.org/post/final-recommendations-nasw-illinois-chapter-task-force-on-racial-justice.
Updates on Licensure Renewal & Telehealth Practice During COVID-19
• Telehealth Services Extended in Illinois through December 12, 2020: https://www.naswil.org/post/telehealth-services-extended-in-illinois-through-december-2020
• NASW-IL Efforts Successful in Getting In-Person CEU Requirements Waived by IDFPR: https://www.naswil.org/post/breaking-news-nasw-il-efforts-successful-in-getting-in-person-ceu-requirements-waived-by-idfpr
• Recent updates on licensure requirements for the 2021 cycle: https://www.naswil.org/post/updates-on-2021-licensure-renewal
• Recent Updates on Telehealth Practice in IL: https://www.naswil.org/post/updates-on-the-telehealth-practice-during-covid-19
• In-Person CEU Waiver: https://www.naswil.org/post/breaking-news-nasw-il-efforts-successful-in-getting-in-person-ceu-requirements-waived-by-idfpr
Other Chapter News
• NASW joins amicus brief to defend Affordable Care Act in U.S. Supreme Court case: https://www.naswil.org/post/nasw-joins-amicus-brief-to-defend-affordable-care-act-in-u-s-supreme-court-case
• NASW Congratulates Biden on His Election to be 46th President: https://www.naswil.org/post/nasw-congratulates-biden-on-his-election-to-be-46th-president
For more, go to the NASW-Illinois Chapter News page: https://www.naswil.org/blog