2020 NASW-Illinois Chapter Hybrid Conference
Thursday, November 19, 2020
Hilton Lisle, Lisle, IL
NASW-Illinois Chapter Virtual Programs Code of Conduct
The NASW-Illinois Chapter (NASW-IL) is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and NASW-IL staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, NASW-IL staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Virtual Programs Code of Conduct. This policy applies to all NASW-IL meeting–related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than NASW-IL but held in conjunction with NASW-IL events on public or private platforms.
NASW-IL has zero tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, we ask that you inform NASW-IL Executive Director Joel L. Rubin (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we can take the appropriate action.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as any of the following:
• Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
• Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, NASW-IL staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
• Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, NASW-IL staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
• Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by NASW-IL throughout the virtual meeting. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any NASW-IL virtual event staff.
• Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, CEU events, product announcements, or solicitation for referrals or services. NASW-IL reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
• Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
NASW-IL reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior. NASW-IL also reserves the right to prohibit attendance at future events.