Group Participants Needed for NASW-IL Workforce Diversity Focus Group
Updated: May 5
In our continued efforts regarding strengthening the social work workforce in Illinois, the NASW-Illinois Chapter received additional funding to develop, Strategies to Strengthen the Social Work Workforce Diversity Pipeline in Illinois, from the Telligen Community Initiative (TCI). Part of this wide ranging grant will be examining barriers to entry to the social work profession by establishing five focus groups across the state of Illinois with under-represented communities (Black Latinx, Asian, Native American) social workers.
The five virtual focus groups are scheduled for:
1. City of Chicago – Tuesday, March 8th–5:00 – 6:30 pm
2. Western & northern suburban Chicago - Tuesday, March 29th 5:00 – 6:30 pm
3. South Suburban Chicago – Tuesday, April 19th 5:00 – 6:30 pm
4. Central Illinois - Tuesday, May 3rd 5:00 – 6:30 pm
5. Southern Illinois Tuesday, May 17th –5:00 – 6:30 pm
Each focus group will be comprised of 6-9 participants and peer facilitated by members of the NASW-Illinois Chapter’s Diversity Inclusion and Equity Committee (NASW-IL DEIC).
An honorarium gift certificate will be provided for participants of each focus groups.
Request to participate by e-mailing NASW-IL.