November 2022 - East Central District Update
Melissa Box, LCSW, LSOE, LSOTP East Central District Chair
A Tasty Event: Recap
It was so great to meet those of you who were able to come to The Tasty Tart for our networking event a couple weeks ago. The tarts and drinks were delicious! We missed the ones who couldn’t be there, but we hope to do another networking event in the late spring! Check out this featured photo:
An Update from Your East Central District Chair
It has been a pleasure serving as your chair for the past 1.5 years. I wanted to let you all know that I am expecting a child in February 2023 and will be on maternity leave from February through April. I will return in May! I will have email access, so please don’t hesitate to reach out, but if you need an immediate response, please feel free to contact the chapter with any questions about your membership or events. I look forward to being back together with you all when I return in the spring!
Melissa Box, LCSW, LSOE, LSOTP
New Student Loan Repayment Program Launches for Community Behavioral Health Care Professionals
The Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) has launched the application for a student loan repayment assistance program to support qualified mental health and substance abuse professionals. The Community Behavioral Health Care Professional Loan Repayment Program is designed as an incentive for recruitment and retention of those who practice in underserved or rural areas. Read the full article here: https://www.naswil.org/post/new-student-loan-repayment-program-launches-for-community-behavioral-health-care-professionals.
NASW-Illinois Chapter Announces 2022 Illinois General Election Endorsements
While every election seems pivotal, the upcoming election will greatly determine the future of social work and human services in Illinois. Many of the crucial decisions that impact funding for human services, reforms for DCFS and DOC, and protections for our clients in the state will be made by leaders elected by Illinois citizens on November 8th. Therefore, it is crucial to endorse candidates who support legislation and policies consistent with the goals of the social work profession. Read the full list of NASW-IL endorsements for the 2022 Illinois General Election here: https://www.naswil.org/post/nasw-illinois-chapter-announces-2022-illinois-general-election-endorsements
Ask NASW-IL: What do I need to renew my LSW/LCSW license in 2023?
Read the full article here: https://www.naswil.org/post/ask-nasw-il-what-do-i-need-to-renew-my-lsw-lcsw-license-in-2023
Other Chapter News
· IDFPR Waives License Restoration Fees for LCSWs through 01/01/28: https://www.naswil.org/post/idfpr-waives-license-restoration-fees-for-lcsws-through-01-01-28
· 2022 NASW-Illinois Chapter Statewide Awards: https://www.naswil.org/post/2022-nasw-illinois-chapter-statewide-awards
· Ethical Out-of-State Telehealth Practice: National and International Considerations: https://www.naswil.org/post/ethical-out-of-state-telehealth-practice-national-and-international-considerations
· Effects of ASWB Report Results on Interstate Licensure Compact: https://www.naswil.org/post/effects-of-aswb-report-results-on-interstate-licensure-compact
· NASW-IL Full Statement on ASWB Test Analysis: https://www.naswil.org/post/nasw-il-full-statement-on-aswb-test-analysis
For more news, go to the NASW-Illinois Chapter News page: https://www.naswil.org/blog