Jacki Brunk, LCSW, Northeastern District Chair
Welcome to the monthly district update of the Northeast District!
This upcoming weekend we all get an extra hour of sleep as Daylight Savings time ends! I hope you are all taking care of yourselves as we prepare for the hectic holiday season ahead. People we work with often experience mood shifts and/or financial hardship over the holiday season. We are needed now more than ever to advocate on behalf of those who struggle; please take time to care for yourselves so you can be there for your clients.
I am planning our next CEU event. Check the NASW-IL website and look for e-mails from our district for more details.
New Student Loan Repayment Program Launches for Community Behavioral Health Care Professionals
The Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) has launched the application for a student loan repayment assistance program to support qualified mental health and substance abuse professionals. The Community Behavioral Health Care Professional Loan Repayment Program is designed as an incentive for recruitment and retention of those who practice in underserved or rural areas. Read the full article here: https://www.naswil.org/post/new-student-loan-repayment-program-launches-for-community-behavioral-health-care-professionals.
NASW-Illinois Chapter Announces 2022 Illinois General Election Endorsements
While every election seems pivotal, the upcoming election will greatly determine the future of social work and human services in Illinois. Many of the crucial decisions that impact funding for human services, reforms for DCFS and DOC, and protections for our clients in the state will be made by leaders elected by Illinois citizens on November 8th. Therefore, it is crucial to endorse candidates who support legislation and policies consistent with the goals of the social work profession. Read the full list of NASW-IL endorsements for the 2022 Illinois General Election here: https://www.naswil.org/post/nasw-illinois-chapter-announces-2022-illinois-general-election-endorsements
Ask NASW-IL: What do I need to renew my LSW/LCSW license in 2023?
Read the full article here: https://www.naswil.org/post/ask-nasw-il-what-do-i-need-to-renew-my-lsw-lcsw-license-in-2023
2022 NASW-Illinois Chapter Hybrid Conference
Registration is SOLD OUT for our in-person and hybrid registrations! There’s still slots open for the live virtual conference though. Earn up to 6.0 CEUs for live virtual participants! Read more at http://naswmeets.org/.
Other Chapter News
· IDFPR Waives License Restoration Fees for LCSWs through 01/01/28:https://www.naswil.org/post/idfpr-waives-license-restoration-fees-for-lcsws-through-01-01-28
· 2022 NASW-Illinois Chapter Statewide Awards: https://www.naswil.org/post/2022-nasw-illinois-chapter-statewide-awards
· Ethical Out-of-State Telehealth Practice: National and International Considerations:https://www.naswil.org/post/ethical-out-of-state-telehealth-practice-national-and-international-considerations
· Effects of ASWB Report Results on Interstate Licensure Compact:https://www.naswil.org/post/effects-of-aswb-report-results-on-interstate-licensure-compact
· NASW-IL Full Statement on ASWB Test Analysis: https://www.naswil.org/post/nasw-il-full-statement-on-aswb-test-analysis
For more news, go to the NASW-Illinois Chapter News page: https://www.naswil.org/blog