September 2022 - Southern District Update
Diona Shelton, LCSW, CATP, CCTP
Southern District Chair
Hello Southern District,
September is here and with it comes the return of fall. The chapter has been busy with the development of many initiatives and the month of September shows no signs of slowing down. I want to personally thank each of you for your attendance in this month’s training and want to give a special thank you to Heather Michael, LCSW, CADC, and Renee Facchini, our Events and Education Coordinator, for an amazing event this month. If you would like to consider presenting or know someone who is passionate about presenting on topics that impact the profession, please contact the office. Also, if there are topics that you would like to know more about that impact the profession, please let me know this as well. We are always on the hunt for dynamic speakers who enjoy sharing their expertise with others. I look forward to seeing everyone at our next district event in the future. Stay tuned!
All the best,
Diona Shelton, LCSW, CATP, CCTP
NASW-IL Southern District Chair
Register Today! 2022 NASW-Illinois Chapter Hybrid Conference
Registration is open for our hybrid fall conference! This hybrid format will offer in-person CEUs on November 17, 2022, at the DoubleTree by Hilton Lisle Naperville in Lisle, IL, and live virtual CEUs on Thursday, December 1, 2022, via Zoom Events. Earn up to 6.0 CEUs for either, or attend both as a hybrid attendee for up to 10.5 CEUs. Find out more at http://naswmeets.org/.
Feedback on Social Work Compact Still Needed!
There is still limited time to submit you feedback on the initial draft of the Social Work Compact as released by the Council of State Governments (CSG). In light of recent reports on the biased nature of ASWB exams and how it affects the Interstate Licensure Compact, please note that the initial draft of the Social Work Compact as released by the Council of State Governments (CSG) currently requires passage of the ASWB bachelors, masters, and clinical exams as well as a federal background check. If you believe these requirements are of concern, please submit your feedback in the CSG survey here. Learn more about the Social Work Compact here.
IDFPR Licensure Updates
Questions about licensure requirements and in-person CEUs still remains the top questions from our members! If you haven’t already checked out our in-depth article about IDFPR requirements for the 2021–2023 licensure cycle, be sure to read it here: https://www.naswil.org/post/idfpr-licensure-renewal-requirements-for-2021-2023
Other Chapter News
· Effects of ASWB Report Results on Interstate Licensure Compact: https://www.naswil.org/post/effects-of-aswb-report-results-on-interstate-licensure-compact
· NASW-IL Full Statement on ASWB Test Analysis: https://www.naswil.org/post/nasw-il-full-statement-on-aswb-test-analysis
· NASW Combats Troubling Business Practice Harming Social Workers and their Clients: https://www.naswil.org/post/nasw-combats-troubling-business-practice-harming-social-workers-and-their-clients
· Ask NASW-IL: Do I Need In-Person CEUs for 2023 Licensure? https://www.naswil.org/post/ask-nasw-il-do-i-need-in-person-ceus-for-2023-licensure
· Post-Master of Social Work School Social Work Professional Educator License Scholarship: https://www.naswil.org/post/coming-soon-post-master-of-social-work-school-social-work-professional-educator-license-scholarship
For more news, go to the NASW-Illinois Chapter News page: https://www.naswil.org/blog