Melissa Box, LCSW, MPH East Central District Chair
Upcoming CEU Event – Perinatal Mood Disorders
Happy New Year! I am excited to start this new year with an announcement about our next CEU event! Rachel Chruszczyk, from Prevent Child Abuse Illinois, will be presenting about Perinatal Mood Disorders. Her presentation is full of evidence-based information, empathy, and her own lived experience – you will NOT want to miss it! For more information and to register, visit: https://naswil.wufoo.com/forms/z63jnu71uu5try/
Social Work Month: Coming Soon!
Stay tuned for future events as well as Social Work Month, coming up in March! This year’s theme is “Empowering Social Workers: Inspiring Action, Leading Change.” We know you do this every day in your life and practice, and we are excited to celebrate that with you for a whole month! For ideas and information about how to celebrate and empower your fellow social workers, visit: https://www.socialworkers.org/News/Social-Work-Month
Join the 2024 NASW-Illinois Chapter Board of Directors
DEADLINE: March 1, 2024
Want to make a difference for social workers in Illinois and beyond? Have expertise in a particular method or field of social work practice? Hold a unique perspective that you believe is under-represented? Joining the NASW-Illinois Chapter Board of Directors is a great way to implement change, share your knowledge, and voice your opinions! Getting involved in your professional association or consider nominating a colleague for a leadership position. Read more about the board responsibilities in the 2024 NASW-Illinois Chapter Board Leadership Recruitment Packet or our NASW Delegate Assembly flyer, or contact us to request a nomination form.
ANNOUNCING: 2024 NASW-IL Advocacy Day, Tuesday, April 16, 2024
For the first time since 2019, this year's Advocacy Day is back IN PERSON! Join the NASW-Illinois Chapter on Tuesday, April 16, 2024, for our annual day of social work advocacy with other social work professionals and students. This year's Advocacy Day has been restructured to further enhance students and social workers' advocacy skills and ability to lobby directly to elected officials and their staffers. Read more about the day as well as register by clicking here.
Ask NASW-IL: How can I utilize the alternative to the ASWB exam to get my LCSW?
An updated version of the social work license application utilizing the alternative to the ASWB clinical exam for clinical (LCSW) licensure in Illinois has now been released by the Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation (IDFPR). This updated application incorporates an allowance provided by House Bill 2365, and provides a way for applicants who were unable to pass the ASWB clinical exam an alternative path to obtaining their LCSW. Read more about how to utilize the alternative to the ASWB exam for getting your LCSW by clicking here.
Other Chapter News:
· January 2024 - Student Network SIG Update: https://www.naswil.org/post/january-2024-student-network-sig-update
· NASW Tips & Tools for Social Workers: Optum/United Behavioral Health Overpayments - https://www.naswil.org/post/nasw-tips-tools-for-social-workers-optum-united-behavioral-health-overpayments
· Ask NASW-IL: How can I utilize the alternative to the ASWB exam to get my LCSW?: https://www.naswil.org/post/ask-nasw-il-how-can-i-utilize-the-alternative-to-the-aswb-exam-to-get-my-lcsw
· IDFPR Licensure Renewal Requirements for 2023–2025: https://www.naswil.org/post/idfpr-licensure-renewal-requirements-for-2023-2025
· Join the 2024 NASW-Illinois Chapter Board of Directors: https://www.naswil.org/post/join-the-2024-nasw-illinois-chapter-board-of-directors
· NASW-IL Advocacy At Work: HB2394 Passes, Addressing Licensure Processing Delays - https://www.naswil.org/post/nasw-il-advocacy-at-work-hb2394-passes-addressing-licensure-processing-delays
· Partial Loan Repayment Assistance Available to Those Working in Community Mental Health Centers: https://www.naswil.org/post/partial-loan-repayment-assistance-available-to-those-working-in-community-mental-health-centers
· Social Work Profession One Step Closer to Interstate Licensure Compact: https://www.naswil.org/post/social-work-profession-one-step-closer-to-interstate-licensure-compact
February 14, 2023 Update on the Social Work Interstate Compact: https://www.naswil.org/post/february-14-2023-update-on-the-social-work-interstate-compact
For more news, go to the NASW-Illinois Chapter News page: https://www.naswil.org/blog